This salad makes the most of Winters seasonal fruit and vegetables – sprouts, kale, carrots and clementines, and will help you get some much needed nutrients in at this busy time of the year.
Marinating and massaging the kale makes it softer and easier to eat, whilst keeping all of the benefits of eating it raw. We’ve added spouts, clementines and pomegranates for a seasonal touch, whilst adding sweetness and crunch to the salad.
We hope you enjoy it!
- 120g kale
- 100g sprouts (shredded)
- 4 clementines (peeled)
- 50g carrots (shredded)
- Handful of blueberries
- 50g pomegranates
- 1 avocado (cut into cubes)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ lemon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Wash and tear the kale into small pieces, discarding the stems. Place into a bowl and add the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and pinch of salt and pepper. Massage the dressing into the kale for a few minutes until the leaves wilt and soften.
- Add the shredded sprouts, carrots, blueberries, pomegranates and peeled clementine segments to the salad. Mix well.
- Add the avocado to the salad and enjoy!