Who doesn’t love a fruit crumble on a dark winters evening? The recipe for our Seasonal Fruit Crumble is delicious and oh-so easy to make, it’s so moreish you won’t be able to stop eating until the bowl is clean!
We used seasonal fruits as that’s what tastes the best at this time of the year! Apples, redcurrants and, ahem, blackberries (which aren’t actually in season, but they worked well in the recipe!). However, feel free to mix up the fruits if you have others to hand.
The secret to making this recipe so simple is the granola topping! We would recommend using making our homemade granola (click here for the recipe) as it really makes it taste amazing. Although if you’re short of time, Lizi’s do a great granola too.
We hope you enjoy it!
- 4 apples (we used Cox apples)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60g coconut sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 50ml apple juice
- Handful of redcurrants
- 100g blackberries
- Homemade granola (use our recipe in the description) or good quality shop bought (we suggest Lizi's)
- Start by peeling your apples. Then remove the core, cut into quarters and thinly slice.
- Place the apples into a saucepan, along with the coconut sugar, lemon, apple juice and cinnamon and place on the hob at a medium heat.
- Keep stirring until the apples are soft and tender. Then add the blackberries and redcurrant and lightly stir.
- Add to a baking dish, top with your homemade granola and it's ready to serve!
- We like to serve it alongside some custard or ice cream.